Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Music Teacher's Almanac- A GREAT resource

I wanted to review this book because I think it is a wonderful/necessary tool for every general music teacher!!



The book is split up according to months in the year and there are activities for every holiday and other days as well. They are not all holiday activities though. I really love that they give you worksheets and resources throughout the book to accompany every single lesson plan. The lesson plans are simple and easy to follow and do not require very many additional resources.

The book contains the following activities:

  • Chants, cheers
  • echo activities
  • listening activities and maps
  • composition activities
  • circle games
  • rounds
  • composer worksheet and listening
  • music trivia
  • holiday bingo
  • Opera plays
  • other plays
It's just a really really great book! I'm thrilled that I have it as I make all of my plans for classes next year. CLICK HERE to purchase on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment